Thursday, September 13, 2012

Last week with Joy


I know a couple days ago I posted about my friends last week with her shop, but now I am posting about the beginning of our last week with Joy. I cannot believe how quickly time has passed. We have known for a little over 20 weeks that her journey with us here on earth would come to an end. I was talking to Justin the other night expressing how much I wish I could just hold on to her and that I wish that the time wasn't coming so fast. He helped bring me back to reality when he said that Joy knows what her purpose is and that she needs to be able to fulfill it. I just feel so strongly how special she is and how lucky I am to be her mother more every day.

The blessings and tender mercies that happen every day are amazing. Justin always felt like it would be a neat experience building Joys casket and has had ideas flowing for a long time but has not been able to find a place where he could get the wood he wanted in the size he needed. We were blessed to find out about a man who has the wood Justin was looking for and has let Justin use his shop and all of his tools. Justin has a few tools but using this mans shop has been an amazing experience for Justin. He has been able to make all of the trim pieces and everything from scratch and that has been really special. It has been even more special because he has been able to work with his brother and dad. I really want him to write and tell more about it but I wanted to post a few pictures today. These are all from Tuesday. I didn't get any of Wednesday's pictures but I will post them soon and I am pretty sure he is there today. His phone battery is not working so his phone is dead and I have no idea what he is doing :-)




















 





7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laying my daughter to rest was the most difficult thing I have ever endured. I think we are a chosen few, special mothers who will one day receive our eternal reward in heaven. For all the heart ache we have endured and our empty arms. Just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you now and always. The spirit will lift you up and carry your burdens until you can make it on your own. He certainly was their for me, you will be amazed at the blessings that will come after such a loss. Take care and know my thoughts and prayers are with you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gift for Joy from her Daddy. I'll be thinking and praying for your family these next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE your family picture, Breanne. You look really, really beautiful- it is such a perfect photo of your sweet family, baby girl included! You all must be very special to experience this together- your darling baby, your darling boys and amazing parents. I'll pray for you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so special! I'm so happy this worked out for your husband and he was able to contribuate to this special time in such a special way! And I love Jodi Fields comment. I couldn't have said it better my self. You are going to feel the spirit the strongest you have ever felt in just a few short days. I'll be thinking and praying for you that you'll have the Holy Ghost with you to bring you and your family that comfort you'll need on that special day. And I'll be thinking about you always!! Is it okay if I put a link to your blog on Lexi's blog?? My mom found out today that someone in her ward just barely found out her baby boy has anencephaly. This girls sister apparently had a baby with anencephaly a few years ago, her sisters not active and chose not to carry, but my mom thinks this women in her ward has chosen to. So my moms going to give her my blog, and I know the more stories you can read of others who have been through the same thing can give you strength. So I just hope we can help this mother of 2 who's in the struggling stage right now of just finding out. I know I'll be in Disneyland this week, but my heart will be with you and I can't wait to see pictures of your little angel! Love you! Oh and one last thing, today I was having moments were I was wishing I would have gotten Lexi on video more. I only have like one short clip of her when the kids came in and met her. I brought my camera, but your so busy and your husband will be busy that pulling out the video camera kind of gets forgotten. So maybe assign someone to get some video for you, I'de have nothin if my sister didn't record just a little on her camera. And maybe when it you and your husband are alone with her you can record her a little bit. Anyway I was just wishing I had that today, so I thought I would tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breanne and Justin - I hope your day today is filled with love and not too much sorrow. Your family is beautiful and eternal and you have touched me deeply with your blog entries and pictures. You have turned what could have been such a heartache into a beautiful bonding experience with your boys that will forever unite and build your family. Thanks for sharing. Love ya
    Paula

    ReplyDelete