Thursday, October 11, 2012

Three weeks ago..

Three weeks ago I had the most wonderful privilege as a woman. (at least I think I am considered a woman most of the time I still feel like a little girl.) I held the most beautiful little girl in my arms, my perfect little daughter. She made me, for the fifth time, take on the most precious title of mother. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be her mother. It is so hard not being able to raise her right now and have her to enjoy our time here on earth with us. But I am eternally grateful I have the chance to raise her in the eternities. It makes me have a completely different perspective on life and death. When you lose a loved one you realize in a deeper way how this life is just a stepping stone and some things really are not important. Joy makes me want to be a better mother and has changed the way that our family learns about the gospel. Family home evenings are different and so is scripture study.
Joy doesn't talk much in this video. If you watch closely she moves her mouth and you can watch after she takes a breath she cracks a little grin :-) From the minute she was born until right before she passed away she was taking about 10 breaths per minute. Pretty amazing how her little self fought so hard to stay here. I am still in awe how long she lived. Every minute was so precious.



Joy,
 You are such a blessing in our lives. Thank you so much for all you do for our family. I know how much you love your brothers and how deeply they love you, and see your influence in their lives daily. Jenston did his first prayer all by himself yesterday and this is how it went, "Heavenly Father, please bless the food, please bless Joy, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen." He was looking at your picture today and was talking to you. Then he came and asked if you went back in my belly :-) He misses you but I can tell you and him already have a great bond. We went to lunch as a family and Jace was counting everyone in our family and pointed up to heaven to count you. He said that now that you are a part of our family we are a big family. My sweet sweet girl, I miss you, I love you and I will see you later.
Love Mom


3 comments:

  1. Hi Breanne,
    This is Andrea (Turley) -- I haven't seen you in years, but I came across your blog and just read it. I just can't stop crying. Thank you so much for sharing your incredible journey with your sweet and precious daughter, Joy. I can't thank you enough for you and your families example during this time in your life. You are an inspiration to me and I so appreciated reading of your sweet testimony. You and your family will be blessed! And you are in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your children are so sweet. I know that Joy will continue to bless their lives in tender and meaningful ways. Thinking of you with love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love yall! Such a precious moment...thank you for sharing your Joy!

    ReplyDelete