Thursday, October 4, 2012

Relationships can be strengthened through the veil, Jace love letter and Birth announcements

My sweet visiting teachers came today and brought this wonderful message with them. It is in a talk by Elder Richard G. Scott from last General Conference titled "How to Obtain Revelation and Inspiration for your Personal Life." Here is a link to the talk.  I loved every piece Sally shared with me and wanted to remember where the talk was and share as well. Gives me a deep warm feeling inside knowing that I can and will be able to strenghthen my relationship with my daughter and that my boys will be able to as well. Elder Scott says:

"Another example of revelation is this guidance given to President Joseph F. Smith: “I believe we move and have our being in the presence of heavenly messengers and of heavenly beings. We are not separate from them. … We are closely related to our kindred, to our ancestors … who have preceded us into the spirit world. We can not forget them; we do not cease to love them; we always hold them in our hearts, in memory, and thus we are associated and united to them by ties that we can not break. … If this is the case with us in our finite condition, surrounded by our mortal weaknesses, … how much more certain it is … to believe that those who have been faithful, who have gone beyond … can see us better than we can see them; that they know us better than we know them. … We live in their presence, they see us, they are solicitous for our welfare, they love us now more than ever. For now they see the dangers that beset us; … their love for us and their desire for our well being must be greater than that which we feel for ourselves.”1
Relationships can be strengthened through the veil with people we know and love. That is done by our determined effort to continually do what is right. We can strengthen our relationship with the departed individual we love by recognizing that the separation is temporary and that covenants made in the temple are eternal. When consistently obeyed, such covenants assure the eternal realization of the promises inherent in them."
I also wanted to share a love note that Jace wrote to Joy yesterday. I asked what it said and he said "Sorry I am not nice all the time to my brothers." I don't know why but lately he is writing letters of apology. He is so sensitive and feels bad for the smallest thing! He is a very sweet boy. He also wants to get everything for Joy. Today we were passing pumpkins and he really wanted to get one for her. I had to explain to him that she would much rather have one from his pumpkin stem growing in the garden. That is THE seed he had to buy this year to plant, so glad that we did! I am also grateful for a little boy who helps his mommy remember all the JOY we are surrounded by every minute of every day.



One last thing, I was able to get Joy's birth announcements printed today!! I know it is kind of silly to do an announcement but I really wanted to and I am still really glad I did. I love the picture of Justin's hand by her little foot! She had the most beautiful little toes and that was one of the first things Jaxon wanted to see on her was her little feet. LOVE! I am posting this hoping that anyone who donated to the paypal account or to the etsy shop will leave me an address so I can send you this birth announcement/thank you. If you would please email it to me my email is b_funkydiva@hotmail.com. (silly I know, I have had it since high school :-) Please tell me everyone has one like this!) If you ordered a Joy shirt I will make sure you get a birth announcement too!!
FYI this was made with ipiccy which is a FREE online photo editing tool. :) it is a lot like picnik was



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the birth announcement, Breanne- and it is not one bit silly for you to send one out. Joy is every bit as much a part of your family as any of your other children and I think it's so fitting to announce her birth. It is so beautiful- I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the birth announcement. I've been wanting to send you one of Alexis's. Your's is cuter, I didn't even think to use ipiccy or picmonkey which is also like picnik was. haha But I still love em. I also have a CD I want to send to you. It's songs to just cry and think of your precious Joy with. I added the song you posted on facebook to it as well. I listened to my CD almost everyday in those immediate days and weeks after lexi was born. And still listen to it often when I need it. Email me your address or also let me know if your still comming to St. George this month. If so I'll just give it to you then. Anyway just e-mail me! If you are comming, I want to make sure I'm not working!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh her announcement is perfect... That quote from last conference was one of my favorites...xo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the sweetest letter ever! What a cute brother.

    ReplyDelete