Friday, July 27, 2012

Stitching love


Yesterday my mom and I started cutting and sewing Joys quilts. I wanted to make two quilts for a couple reasons. I wanted her to have something super soft and filled with love to be wrapped in while she was here and also after she was gone. But I wanted to keep the one I held her in and remember what the one she was buried in looked like. So I decided to make two quilts exactly the same. My mom did all the cutting and I did  all the sewing with the exception of sewing all the blocks together on the first one and a few other things on the second one. My friend Mandy and I were going to go to the temple together and I also had primary visits that I told my friend Abby (our primary president) I would do with her. So I didn't have time to help my mom get them all the way finished. It was a fun day filled with lots of chatting and laughing. We missed my grandma who was supposed to be there but was sick. When she called we all had a good laugh. All in all it was a very successful day sewing for me since I have never actually sewn a quilt and we were able to get both of them done. I also found I have a love for a nice sewing machine. Don't get me wrong, I love my machine and more than that I love that I got one for Christmas from my parents right after I was married. So I have pretty much always had a machine. But it was really fun getting to sew on my moms machine that I remember her having when I was little. The quilt will not have any batting and the back with be a white minky with a cute paisly print on it. I took it to my sweet friend Leisha Farnsworth to get quilted and I am excited to post pictures in a couple weeks after it is done getting quilted. 
Thanks mom for a great day and helping me not cry too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment