Monday, July 23, 2012

Baby cry

I heard a newborn baby really cry tonight and it got me a little emotional. Funny because I have heard my newborn niece cry a little (she is a quiet little thing) and it didn't even phase me. I started feeling sad for myself that I might not even get to hear my baby Joy cry. I put it behind me and tried not to think.
Tonight when I was winding down for the night the instance again occurred in my mind, but this time I felt an overwhelming feeling of gratitude that I have been blessed to hear four of my own beautiful children cry. I have been so blessed to be their mother and devote my life to raising them. We have many dear friends who have waited or are still waiting longer than we ever would want to wait to hear their own babies cry. I definitely do not know the silent pain and anguish they have or are experiencing and now more than ever my heart aches for them. 
If I don't get the chance to hear my sweet Joy cry I can surely remember how blessed I am to have already had the chance to hear my babies cry.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm so grateful to have come upon your blog, thank you so much for having the courage to post about such a difficult challenge and inspire others with your faith and strength. May the Lord continue to bless you! Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Breanne and Justin,

    This is Mary White Griffith. I am Justin's cousin! Uncle Sonny is my Dad. I just wanted to say thank you and how in awe I am at you! My heart is with you and I would love to talk with you sometime. I wanted to say how amazing your, Breanne, above comments are about those of us who have not "heard our babies cry yet." In all that you are going through, it is amazing to me that you are thinking of others! Bless You!

    My husband and I have not been blessed with children yet. I am 37 and he is 46! We have been married for over 4 years and have endured heartache in this area of trying to add children to our eternal union. While our hopes and faith are likewise centered on the eternal plan our Loving Heavenly Father has for us, I join my faith with yours that one day we will all have the opportunity to be with our little ones in Heaven!

    Please feel my love, concern, and admiration for you and your sweet family! If and when you want to, please feel free to contact me. My email is msgriffith@charter.net! I would love to call you.

    Sincerely and with Love, Mary



    ReplyDelete